Sunday 23 April 2017

#TheGirlfriend by Michelle Frances #BookReview

I can't believe it was nearly a year ago when I last posted a review on here! Truth is, I have reviewed on Goodreads but just have not taken the time to sit in front of the computer and share my thoughts...

This book prompted me to speak out via my blog since it was such an impressive debut novel.

I hope some of you take a chance on it and enjoy! The Easter holidays are over, but there is still time to read.

Vanessa

FIVE STAR REVIEW

A creepy thriller about an intelligent girl from a "poor" background who tries to change her life by marrying into a rich family and ends up entangled in lies and deception...

The ending left my breathless. Truly, an amazing debut novel well worth the 99p I paid!


DESCRIPTION

Laura has it all. A successful career, a long marriage to a rich husband, and a twenty-three year-old son, Daniel, who is kind, handsome, and talented. Then Daniel meets Cherry. Cherry is young, beautiful and smart but she hasn't had the same opportunities as Daniel. And she wants Laura's life.
Cherry comes to the family wide-eyed and wants to be welcomed with open arms, but Laura suspects she's not all that she seems.
When tragedy strikes, an unforgiveable lie is told. It is an act of desperation, but the fall-out will change their lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment